What does rush consist of?
Rush (aka recruitment) will have five events so we can get to know you and you can get to know us!
1) We begin rush with Info Night to give rush candidates a better understanding of BAP and formal introduction to Rush.There will be a presentation and then free time afterwards to network with BAP actives!
2) On Thursday and Friday, there are Coffee Chats where you can sign up for a 1-on-1 chat with an active member.
3) First Round Interviews, If invited, you will sign up for a slot and complete two short back-to-back interviews.
4) Social Night, if invited, is to connect with us on a fun and social level, and learn who you are as a person and to see you fit in the organization!
5) Final Round Interviews, if invited, you will complete one final interview that simulates a job interview.
What are the requirements for me to rush?
We ask that applicants attend the University of Illinois and have a GPA of 3.25 or higher (this requirement does not apply to freshman) - we are open to all majors, but applicants should have an interest in business.
If I do not receive a bid, am I allowed to rush again?
Absolutely! Many of our members have rushed 2+ times to receive a bid, so it is definitely possible!
What does a candidate semester mean?
Candidate semester is similar to “pledge” semester in other organizations. After accepting a bid to join the organization, candidates will experience the professional, philanthropy, and social pillars to build themselves as a business professional while immersing in the BAP family by the end of the semester!
What is the dress code for rush?
Info Night: Business Casual
Coffee Chat: Smart Causal
First Round Interviews: Business Professional
Social Night: Smart Casual
Final Round Interviews: Business Professional
Smart Casual refers to nicer everyday clothing. Business Casual typically consists of slacks in a dark color and a nice sweater or dress shirt. Ties are not required. Closed toe shoes are preferred, but nice sandals are suitable for women. Business Professional includes a full dark suit, a dress shirt, blouse or sweater, and a tie for men.
Direct any other rush questions to email@example.com